Monday, October 5, 2009

Seashells On The Seashore


Chendering Beach, Terengganu



Collecting sea shells ....photo captured by Amin Fitri (my student)



She sells seashells on the sea shore..The shells she sells are surely seashells on the seashore.....I remember repeating the tongue twister when I was in school. My English teacher asked us to practise the tongue twister to improve our pronunciation.

Well, to me, SEASHELLS are lovely natural objects, equals in beauty to any flower or butterfly..they are more than just pretty baubles found on beaches. I have always love collecting seashells I found on the shore. I also like to buy interesting crafts made of seashells . However, I once read in a website that seashells which are offered for sales were collected alive and then killed and cleaned. That breaks my heart! Even though I love sea shells, I am totally against the idea of killing alive seashells for commercial trade.


Seashells are indeed very lovely gifts of NATURE. As they are of various types and colours they make beautiful home decoration, crafts, collages, jewellery boxes, picture frames and can be hung as wind chimes.




I bought this seashell wall decoration years ago. I still have them on my wall until today...





'Turtles' made out of seashells



My best friend taught me how to make this seashell candle...



Seashell Chocolate


Here are some interesting facts about seashells :-
  • When you put a seashell to your ear, the sound you hear is not the waves, but actually the echo of the blood pulsing in your own ear .

  • The fact that there are so many types of shells is because there are between 50 to 200,000 kinds of mollusks. The shells are created based on the different species, the habitat and the lifestyle of their owners. Smooth shells are good for moving through water while bumpy shells make it three dimensional and helps camouflage the mollusks.

  • Mollusks can turn their shells different colors by eating a variety of colorful food. For example, red seaweed gives some sea animals a red shell.

    If you wish to know more about seashells or would like to shop for just anything which has to do with sea shells, go to 'All About Seashells Directory' . It is a very interesting website which links to all other websites related to sea shells. They also have lists of websites which sells SEASHELL CHOCOLATE online..

7 comments:

  1. seashell chocolate sangat sedap!!!mahal lo....
    ( ada gak yang murah )...

    ReplyDelete
  2. salam..
    Yang 'turtles' tu cute kan..:):)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I want those seashell chocolate,they looks Yummy!!!!! That seashell decoration looks pretty also, I like the color. Very nice pict taken by ur student,hmm.

    ReplyDelete
  4. ooooooooo,,,, seashells and chocolate. two of my most favorite things together. Goody !!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for your post! That is really helpful ^^
    Wish you had a Merry Christmas and Happy New Year 2011 coming. ^^

    ReplyDelete

Blog Widget by LinkWithin